MILITARY/OVERSEAS VOTER APPLICATION: ENGLISH
2017 Absentee Important Dates/Deadlines
Absentee Voting for General Election:
- Oct 31: Last day to postmark application for general ballot
- Nov 6: Last day to apply in person for general ballot.
- Nov 6: Last day to postmark ballot. Must be received by the county board no later than Nov. 14th
- Nov 7: Last day to deliver an absentee ballot in person to county board, by close of polls.
Military Voters for General:
- Oct 6: Date for Board of Elections to mail ballot to Military Voter
- Oct 28: Last day for a Board of Elections to receive application for Military ballot for general election if not previously registered.
- Oct 31: Last day for a Board of Elections to receive Military absentee application, if by mail and previously registered.
- Nov 6: Last day to apply personally for Military ballot for general election if previously registered.
- Nov 6: Last day to postmark Military ballot for general election and date it must be recieved by the board of elections is Nov 20th
You may vote by absentee ballot if you will be:
- unavoidably absent from your county on Election Day
- unable to appear at the polls due to illness or disability
- a patient in a Veterans' Administration Hospital
- detained in jail awaiting Grand Jury action or confined in prison after conviction for an offense other than a felony
To request an application for an absentee ballot:
- Call the Board of Elections at 845-334-5470;
- Stop by the Board office at 284 Wall Street, Kingston, NY 12401;
- or download an absentee ballot application 95K. Click here for the Spanish version 95K. Descarga una boleta ausente aplicación (you must have Adobe Acrobat Reader installed).
- Check the status of your absentee ballot request http://vic.ntsdata.com/ulsterboe/absenteestatuscheck.aspx