2016 Voter Registration, Enrollment, and Address Change
The Political Party Change of Enrollment Deadline for 2016 Primary Elections was October 9, 2015. Any political Party change made after October 9, 2015 up to October 14th, 2016 will not take effect until after the General Election of 2016.
2016 PRESIDENTIAL PRIMARY TUESDAY, APRIL 19TH, 2016
Polls Open from Noon to 9 pm in Ulster County
- Last Day to Register to vote for the Presidential Primary is March 25, 2016.
- Last Day to Postmark an Absentee Ballot Application for the Presidential Primary is April 12, 2016
- Last Day to Postmark an Absentee Ballot return envelope is Monday April 18th, 2016
- Last Day to Deliver an Absentee Ballot in person to the Ulster County BOE is Tuesday April 19th before the polls close at 9 pm.
- 2016 FEDERAL PRIMARY (If needed) will be TUESDAY, JUNE 28TH, 2016, Polls open Noon to 9 pm
- 2016 STATE/LOCAL PRIMARY (If needed) will be TUESDAY, SEPTEMBER 13th, 2016 - polls open Noon to 9 pm
- 2016 GENERAL ELECTION - TUESDAY, NOVEMBER 8TH - ALL POLL SITES OPEN 6 am to 9 pm
The Political Party Change of Enrollment Deadline for the 2017 Election Year will be October 14th, 2016.
To register to vote in New York State you must:
- be a U.S. citizen;
- be 18 years old by December 31 of the year in which you file this form (note: you must be 18 years old by the date of the general, primary or other election in which you want to vote);
- live at your present address at least 30 days before an election;
- not be in jail or on parole for a felony conviction and;
- not claim the right to vote elsewhere.
To request a Voter Registration Form: