To request a Voter Registration Form:
Call the Board of Elections at 845-334-5470;
stop by the Board office at 284 Wall Street, Kingston, NY 12401;
stop by your local post office, library, city or town clerks office;
or download a Voter Registration Form
To register to vote in New York State you must:
be a U.S. citizen;
be 18 years old by December 31 of the year in which you file this form (note: you must be 18 years old by the date of the general, primary or other election in which you want to vote);
live at your present address at least 30 days before an election;
not be in jail or on parole for a felony conviction and;
not claim the right to vote elsewhere.
2016 Voter Registration, Enrollment, and Address Change
The Political Party Change of Enrollment Deadline for 2016 Primary Elections was October 9, 2015. Any political Party change made after October 9, 2015 up to October 14th, 2016 will not take effect until after the General Election of 2016.
2016 GENERAL ELECTION TUESDAY, NOVEMBER 8TH, 2016
Polls Open from 6 am to 9 pm in Ulster County
- Last Day to Register to vote for the General Election is October 14, 2016.
- Last Day to Postmark an Absentee Ballot Application for the General Election is November 1, 2016
- Last Day to apply in person for Absentee Ballot for General Election is November 7, 2016
- Last Day to Postmark an Absentee Ballot return envelope is Monday November 7, 2016
- Last Day to Deliver an Absentee Ballot in person to the Ulster County BOE or any of our poll sites is Tuesday November 8th before the polls close at 9 pm.
The Political Party Change of Enrollment Deadline for the 2017 Election Year will be October 14th, 2016.
October 15, 2016 - Uniform day for local registration throughout the state - Ulster County registration location: UC Board of Elections 284 Wall St Kingston NY 12401 2 pm - 9 pm