To register to vote in New York State you must:
- be a U.S. citizen;
- be 18 years old by December 31 of the year in which you file this form (note: you must be 18 years old by the date of the general, primary or other election in which you want to vote);
- live at your present address at least 30 days before an election;
- not be in jail or on parole for a felony conviction and;
- not claim the right to vote elsewhere.
To request a Voter Registration Form:
- Call the Board of Elections at 845-334-5470;
- stop by the Board office at 284 Wall Street, Kingston, NY 12401;
- stop by your local post office, library, city or town clerks office;
- or download a Voter Registration Form
Voter Registration Form (Spanish Version)
Voter Registration and Enrollment Deadlines
Registration Cut-Off: Voter registrations must be postmarked or applied for in person at the Board's office no later than 25 days before an election.
Political Party Enrollment Change: If you change your party enrollment this year, it will not become effective until November 10, 2015.