Charles Mutz, Chief Fire Coordinator
The Fire Coordinator’s Office supervises an organized, coordinated, cooperative and reciprocal fire assistance program for the County of Ulster. The program utilizes personnel, equipment and physical facilities of fire departments, regardless of type of size, for fire or public emergency in which the services of firefighters would be used throughout Ulster County and the State of New York.
The Fire Coordinator's Office encompasses a number of responsibilities under state and county law.
- Administers the state fire training program and training programs developed by the fire coordinator.
- Administers the county mutual aid program.
- Maintains an up-to-date resource inventory of emergency fire services.
- Takes an active role in planning and meeting the needs of the county in emergency response.
- Responds to hazardous material incidents in cooperation with emergency management.
Dial 911 in an Emergency