Evelyn J. Clarke, Commissioner
244 Fair St
Kingston, NY 12401
The Human Rights Commission exists to foster respect for the rights of all citizens and to explore opportunities for improving relations among all people of Ulster County. Services include:
- Telephone consultation with individuals who believe that their human rights have been violated in any of the following areas: employment, housing, public accommodation, education, credit.
- Assistance in preparing and filing a complaint with the NYS Division of Human Rights for individuals who believe that they have been discriminated against because of their race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, marital or familial status, or arrest/conviction record.
- Assistance in resolving Human Rights complaints when parties are open to mediation.
- Sample Workplace Harassment Policy for employer's adaptation and use.
- Loan of training videos for use in the employer's own in-house training program in Workplace Harassment and Sexual Harassment prevention.