Hon. Frederick J.
The Attorney General will hold office hours in the Office of the Ulster County Executive in order to help residents with storm-related problems such as price gouging, flood insurance and delayed debt payment issues.
Reconstruction costs expected to be millions of dollars.
Kingston, NY – Today Ulster County Executive Mike Hein called on New York State to absorb the local share of reconstruction costs which will not be covered by Federal FEMA money. Historically, FEMA covers 75% of disaster cleanup and repairs with the remaining 25% split equally between the State and local governments.
The releases will protect property owners on the Lower Esopus who are experiencing flooding from Hurricane Irene from the potential impacts of additional rainfall