|DATE:||January 26, 2017|
|TO:||ALL COUNTY EMPLOYEES AND ELIGIBLE CANDIDATES (This is a Competitive-Class position.)|
|FROM:||Michael Iapoce, Commissioner of Social Services 1061 Development Court, Kingston, New York 12401|
|JOB VACANCY:||Mental Health Specialist Clinical Supervisor/Provisional / Full-Time/ Benefited|
|SALARY:||$37.72 per hour (Grade 19)|
|FILL DATE:||April 20, 2018 (Applications are due to the above address five (5) days before the due date.)|
DISTINGUISHING FEATURES OF THE CLASS: This is a professional supervisory position in the Ulster County Mental Health Department primarily responsible for the supervision of clinical staff members in the provision of direct clinical services as well as direct delivery of ongoing therapeutic services. Supervision is received from the Mental Health Specialist Unit Leader or other clinical mental health professionals of a higher rank, with leeway for independent judgment. Does related work as required.
FULL PERFORMANCE KNOWLEDGES, SKILLS, ABILITIES, AND PERSONAL CHARACTERISTICS: Thorough knowledge, within the professional discipline of the incumbent, of the psychotherapeutic principles, methods, and practices used in treating clients; thorough knowledge of area mental health, medical, legal, vocational and social service providers and other available community resources, and ability to effectively utilize these resources in an overall psycho-social approach to treating the client; working knowledge of the principles and practices of supervision; ability to plan, direct, coordinate and evaluate the work of others; ability to establish and maintain a rapport with mental health clients and their families; ability to collect and evaluate information relative to the needs in the community for mental health services; ability to maintain records and prepare narrative reports, statistical reports and general correspondence; willingness to participate in and benefit from in service training; willingness to keep abreast of new developments in the mental health field; sound professional judgment; tact.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS: Either:
Note: For the clinical experience described below, work in substance abuse programs or units is not considered qualifying.
(1) Graduation from a regionally accredited or New York State registered college or university with a Doctoral Degree in Clinical Psychology. The doctoral degree must have been granted on the basis of completion of a program of psychology registered with the New York State Department of Education or the substantial equivalent thereof, in accordance with the New York State Commissioner of Education’s regulations; AND
(2) Current licensure as a Psychologist issued by the New York State Department of Education; AND
(3) One year of post-licensure clinical experience as a primary therapist; AND
(4) Formal clinical supervisory training; OR
(1) Current licensure as a Licensed Clinical Social Worker (LCSW) by the New York State Department of Education; AND
(2) Three (3) years of post-licensure, supervised clinical experience as a primary therapist; AND
(3) Formal clinical supervisory training; OR
(1) Current licensure as a Registered Professional Nurse by the New York State Department of Education; AND
(2) Graduation from a regionally accredited or New York State registered college or university with a master’s degree including one year of clinical practicum or one year of post-degree professional nursing experience in mental health or psychiatric nursing in a position involving direct service to clients; AND
(3) Three (3) years of supervised clinical experience as a primary therapist; AND
(4) Formal clinical supervisory training.
IF COLLEGE OR UNIVERSITY EDUCATION IS INDICATED, TRANSCRIPTS ARE REQUIRED AND SHOULD BE ATTACHED TO ALL APPLICATIONS RECEIVED. A CANDIDATE LACKING THE REQUIRED TRANSCRIPTS WILL RECEIVE A CONDITIONAL APPROVAL PENDING THE RECEIPT OF TRANSCRIPTS.
Special Requirement for appointment to Ulster County positions: In accordance with Ulster County Legislative Local Law Number 14 of 2007 or by other State and Federal Statutes, candidates for employment to all Ulster County positions must obtain clearance for appointment from the Department of Criminal Justice System or other mandated Federal and State regulatory authority based upon fingerprinting and a criminal history background check.
ULSTER COUNTY IS AN AFFIRMATIVE ACTION/EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, gender, creed, national origin, physical or mental disability, marital status, veteran status, disabled veteran status, or status as a member of any other protected group or activity.