SNAP (Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program)
1051 Development Court
Kingston, NY 12401
PARTICIPATION MADE EASIER
Applying for food stamps has become easier with our new electronic application. Now you can apply for the food stamp program from the convenience of your own home.
For more information please see our website at: WWW.MYBENEFITS.NY.GOV
The local food stamp district now conducts most interviews by phone (face to face interviews are done by request).
No need to travel to our Kingston office or your local town hall to apply for benefits. Applying on-line offers a more discreet approach to the food stamp program allowing the applicant to apply in a more private environment when submitting personal information regarding their financial situation. Applications can be submitted from any computer location, even your local library.
The mybenefits website offers screenings on other assistance programs in your area as well.
Our Kingston office hours are:
Hours: New applications accepted 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM Monday-Friday
Interviews Conducted: Monday & Wednesday 8:00 AM - 11:00 AM and 1:00 PM - 3:00 PM
Tuesday, Thursday, Friday 8:00 AM - 11:00 AM
Summer Food Service Program
Summer Food Service Program (SFSP) is a program administered by the New York State Education Department (NYSED) that offers the opportunity for low-income children 18 years of age and younger, as well as disabled young adults over age 18 enrolled in school programs for persons with disabilities, to receive free, nutritious meals during the summer months when schools are not in session.
- More information may be found at www.Summermealsny.org
- An online mapping tool is available to locate the nearest open sites at http://www.fns.usda.gov/summerfoodrocks.
- New York State Growing Up Healthy Hotline at 1-800-522-5006
- USDA National Hunger Hotline: 866-3-HUNGRY or 877-8-HAMBRE
- No Kid Hungry is continuing the Text for Summer Sites program, allowing families in need to identify sites in their area through an automated texting system. Families in need may text ‘Food’ to 877-877 and receive a text back with the address of summer feeding sites closest to them or information about how to find their closest feeding site.