Paratransit Eligibility: For information, please call (845) 334-8135
- If you live within the county service area and are unable to use fixed-route service due to a disability you may apply for service.
- To determine eligibility, riders must complete a certification application.
- Forms are below or requested via email to ucat[at]co.ulster.ny[dot]us or at the Transit Center, 1 Danny Circle, Kingston
- Visitors can use the service for 21 days by presenting documentation from “home” jurisdiction or “proof of disability” via a letter from a doctor or rehab facility
- To appeal application denial, please write us at 1 Danny Circle, Kingston NY 12401, with attention to director, within 60 days of receiving denial letter.
- ADA related complaints should be made to the director by calling 845-340-3335 or mail at 1 Danny Circle, Kingston NY 12401 with attention to director.
Responsibilities of riders:
- Reservations for ADA service is available by calling 845-334-8120, Mon-Fri 9am-4pm. Next day reservations are guaranteed when calling between those hours.
- Riders are encouraged to use to fixed route service when possible and pay half fare between 9am and 3 pm.
- Riders in wheelchairs or mobility devices must allow the bus driver to secure the device in accordance to the manufacturer’s recommendations
- Riders must keep their service animal under control at all times and not permit the animal to become disruptive or dangerous to others
- Riders who cannot meet their scheduled pick-up time must call to cancel
- Requests for reasonable modifications can be made via email to ucat[at]co.ulster.ny[dot]us or by calling the director at 845-340-3335.