Passengers in the respective rural route areas are encouraged to use the rural route buses for shopping, medical appointments, etc.
To use this service, the following procedures should be followed.
- Appointments must be made the day before or at least one week in advance.
- You should confirm your ride the morning of service.
- If you are 60 or older, and you are registered* with the OFA, you may have one round trip service per week on the Ulster County Area Transit System where you may give a voluntary contribution in lieu of the normal fare. Any other trips during the same week must be paid at the normal fare. (Drivers will provide envelopes for contributions.)
- Anyone under the age of 60 will pay the normal fare.
- The driver will help you with packages on and off the bus and curb when asked, but can not bring them onto any private property.
- The pick-up times are approximate and may vary depending on how many riders are going on that specific trip.
Areas and Days of Service
*Applications are available on our Senior Services page or from the Office for the Aging at (845) 340-3456