Patrick Long, Senior Consumer Advocate
Ulster County Consumer Affairs
Kingston, NY 12401-3708
Phone: (845) 340-3260
Fax: (845) 340-3189
Consumer Affairs is a division of the District Attorney's Office that serves and protects consumers and legitimate businesses from fraudulent and unfair business practices affecting the community. Activities include consumer counseling, investigation, education, complaint handling, as well as the broadcast and dissemination of consumer information and strategies. As Ulster County's principal consumer advocacy department, Consumer Affairs advises the County Executive and the Legislature on consumer issues and concerns.
- Caller ID And Spoofing
- Taxpayers Targeted By IRS Phone Scam
- What Should I Do If I Get A Robocall?
- Computer Cold Call Repair Scam Returns
- "Help Grandma, I’Ve Been Arrested"
- Avoiding Craigslist And Other Internet Scams
- Avoiding Home Improvement Scams
- Driveway Repair Scams
- Avoid Chimney Sweep Scams
- Beware Free Grants Scam
- Price Gouging In New York State
- Do I Have 3 Days To Cancel A Contract?