LEGAL NOTICE: ULSTER AND DELAWARE RAILROAD REHABILITATION
ADDENDUM #3: March 20, 2017
REVISED DATE FOR BID OPENING: APRIL 7, 2017 at 2:00 PM
REVISED DATE FOR SITE VISIT: MARCH 31, 2017 at 10:00 AM
The following addendum adds to, modifies, or deletes from the drawings and specifications issued in accordance with the bid documents dated March 2, 2017. This addendum is hereby made a part of the Contract Document as though it was originally included therein and must be acknowledged on the Form of Proposal (Bid Form).
1. REVISED BID OPENING TIME: Bids will be opened on April 7, 2017 at 2:00 PM at the Ulster County Purchasing Department located at 244 Fair Street, 3rd Floor, Kingston NY 12401. Bidders are urged to mail their bid early. Late bids will not be accepted and will be returned unopened to the bidder
2. Site Visit: A Pre-Bid meeting, followed by a walk-through, has been RE-SCHEDULED FOR FRIDAY, MARCH 31, 2017 AT 10:00 AM. Interested bidders will meet at the parking area at the end of Cold Brook Road in Boiceville where the public road meets the U&D Railroad corridor. For details see item 30.0 from the BID DOCUMENTS
3. CLARIFICATION PLAN NOTATION: Sheet S1-1”REMOVE ± 550 LF OF EXITING TRACK STRUCTURE AS PART OF ITEM UC23675.2216”
4. TRACK REMOVAL as part of ITEM UC23675.2216:
- ITEM UC23675.2216 -This work shall consist of removing existing rails together with the furnishing and installing of replacement rails at the locations shown in the Contract Documents or as directed by the Engineer.
- Item UC23675.0101 - Track Removal - shall not be used for this contract.
- Item UC23675.9000 - Raise, Align and Surface Track – shall be applied to areas that do not require track removal and does not included payment for track removal.
5. CLARIFICATION PLAN NOTATION: All notations related to Item UC23675.0003, “ESTABLISH RAILROAD DITCHES AND SLOPES, ITEM UC23675.003” at locations as indicated on plans and as needed along corridor of project areas.
6. Engineers Estimate: Based on NYSDOT bid prices is in the range of $300,000.00 to $600,000.00
7. ACCESS: For a previous project, near the Project locations, Access was from the north using hi-rail equipment and equipment that could straddle the track(s). In addition to the Access points shown in the plans, attention should be giving to the property across from Nissen Lane where a road had existed allowing access across the rail bed to the former public bridge crossing that no longer exists.
8. STOCKPILE AREAS: Sheet 2 contains the “Table of Staging Areas, Material Storage and Site Access” listing lands owned by the County of Ulster only. No private land owner easements and/or agreements for access or material stockpiles have been established.
9. BID SHEET: Item 207.21 - Geotextile Separation shall be used as shown on the plans for the embankment stabilization areas. The Bid Sheet submitted incorrectly stated quantities under for Item 207.20 Geotextile Bedding, see new Bid Sheet with the correct quantities submitted with this addendum.
10. STREAM DISTURBANCE at ESOPUS CREEK: Segment 1 only. All work to be in done in accordance with the plans. Instream work restricted to May 1st to September 30th. Permits shall be provided prior to construction.
11. SELECT FILL: Item 203.06 - Segment 2 – area near Sta. 0+50. Quantity has been estimated based upon topography as shown on the plan.
12. CLARIFICATION PLAN NOTATION – PIPE SLOPE DRAIN: All notations related to the Pipe Slope Drain, “TO PREVENT EROSION DURING CONSTRUCTION, PROVIDE TEMPORARY PIPE SLOPE DRAINS TO OUTLET INTO STABILIZED WATERCOURSE, ITEM 209.1601”
13. INSURANCE REQUIREMENTS: As per General Specifications #10 of the bid documents. The Project work as outlined is being performed for the Owner, the County of Ulster.
All other terms and provisions of said contract shall remain in full force and effect.
End of Addendum #3
Director of Purchasing