NOTICE OF PUBLIC HEARING
APPLICATION FOR U.S. DEPARTMENT OF HOUSING
COMMUNITY DEVELOPMENT BLOCK GRANT FUNDS (CDBG) ADMINISTERED BY THE NEW YORK STATE OFFICE OF COMMUNITY RENEWAL
1. Citizens are advised that Ulster County is considering an application under the Economic Development and Small Business Assistance Program that utilizes Community Development Block Grant (CDBG) funds administered by the New York State Office of Homes and Community Renewal (OCR). This program provides funding to local governments to assist qualifying businesses who undertake activities resulting in the creation or retention of job opportunities for persons from low and moderate income families.
2. A public hearing on the proposed application by Ulster County to assist Minard Farms Beverage Company Inc (“Minard Farms”) will be held on August 13, 2019 at 6:05 PM or soon thereafter as the public may be heard, in the County Legislative Chambers, 6th Floor, 244 Fair St. Kingston, New York. Citizens are encouraged to submit their comments and views on the proposed application as outlined below. The hearing is being conducted pursuant to Section 570.486, Subpart I of the Code of Federal Regulations in compliance with the requirements of the Housing and Community Development Act of 1974, as amended.
3. Ulster County’s application is seeking to provide funding for Minard Farms located at 59 Hurds Road Clintondale, NY 12515 in the amount of $100,000.00 in CDBG funds to purchase equipment for its operations with a total cost of $251,039.78. Minard Farms will create a total of four (4) full time jobs that will be made available to persons from low and moderate income families.
4. Written comments should be directed to Suzanne Holt, Director, Ulster County Office of Economic Development, County Office Building, 244 Fair Street, Box 1800, Kingston, New York, 12402 and shall be received no later than August 13, 2019.
5. Copies of supporting documentation are available for viewing at the offices of the Ulster County Office of Economic Development, 244 Fair Street, County Office Building, Kingston, NY.
6. The Ulster County Legislature is committed to making its Public Meetings accessible to individuals with disabilities. If, due to a disability, you need an accommodation or assistance to participate in the Public Hearing or to obtain a copy of the transcript of the Public Hearing in an alternative format in accordance with the provisions of the Americans with Disabilities Act, please contact the Office of the Clerk of the Legislature at 340-3666.
Dated: July 25, 2019 Victoria A. Fabella, Clerk
Kingston, New York Ulster County Legislature