NOTICE OF PUBLIC HEARING
COMMUNITY DEVELOPMENT BLOCK GRANT FUNDS (CDBG) ADMINISTERED BY THE NEW YORK STATE HOMES AND COMMUNITY RENEWAL
ULSTER COUNTY HOMEOWNERSHIP PROGRAM
1. A public hearing on the implementation of the Ulster County Homeownership Program (“the Program”) funded through Community Development Block Grant (CDBG) funds administered by New York State Homes and Community Renewal will be held on November 12, 2019 at 6:20 PM in the County Legislative Chambers, 6th Floor 244 Fair St. Kingston, New York. Citizens are urged to express their views on the implementation of the Program.
2. The Program offers the opportunity for low and moderate income families to achieve homeownership by providing down payment and closing cost assistance with post-closing rehabilitation work by making available $450,000.00 in CDGB funds. To date, the Program has expended $330,370 in direct assistance to low and moderate income households and a total of $62,671.84 in program delivery and administrative costs. A total of $51,958.16 remains. The Program is expected to meet or exceed the goals set out in its application to assist 13 families in achieving homeownership. No families have been displaced as a result of the Program.
3. Written comments should be directed to Clerk of the Ulster County Legislature, County Office Building, 244 Fair Street, Box 1800, Kingston, New York, 12402 and received no later than November 18, 2019.
4. Copies of Performance Reports and other supporting documentation are available for viewing at the offices of the Ulster County Planning Department, 244 Fair Street, County Office Building, Kingston, NY.
5. The Ulster County Legislature is committed to making its Public Meetings accessible to individuals with disabilities. If, due to a disability, you need an accommodation or assistance to participate in the Public Hearing or to obtain a copy of the transcript of the Public Hearing in an alternative format in accordance with the provisions of the Americans with Disabilities Act, please contact the Office of the Clerk of the Legislature at 340-3666.
Dated: October 31, 2019 Victoria A. Fabella, Clerk
Kingston, New York Uster County Legislature