NOTICE OF PUBLIC HEARING
COMMUNITY DEVELOPMENT BLOCK GRANT FUNDS (CDBG) ADMINISTERED BY THE NEW YORK STATE OFFICE OF COMMUNITY RENEWAL
PRESERVING AND GREENING HOUSING IN ULSTER COUNTY PROGRAM
CREATING OPPORTUNITIES FOR HOMEOWNERSHIP PROGRAM
1. Ulster County is currently implementing the Preserving and Greening Housing Program in Ulster County and Creating Opportunities for Homeownership Program. Both programs have been funded through Community Development Block Grant (CDBG) funds administered by the New York State Office of Community Renewal.
2. A public hearing on the implementation of Ulster County’s Preserving and Greening Housing Program and Creating Opportunities for Homeownership Program with CDBG funds will be held on May 9, 2017 at 6:40 PM in the County Legislative Chambers, 6th Floor 244 Fair St. Kingston, New York.
Citizens are urged to express their views on the implementation of Preserving and Greening Housing in Ulster County Program. This Program focuses on housing rehabilitation with energy efficient upgrades alongside conventional home repairs. This Program was funded with $500,000.00 in CDGB funds. To date, program has expended $373,689.75 in direct assistance to low and moderate income households and a total of $68,668.48 in program delivery and administrative costs. A total of $57,642.27 is remaining. This Program is on track to meet or exceed the goals set out in its application to perform rehabilitation work on 12 housing units. No families have been displaced as a result of the program.
Citizens are also urged to express their views on the implementation of the Creating Opportunities for Homeownership Program. This Program focuses on home buyer assistance with funding available for housing rehabilitation. The program was funded with $750,000.00 in CDGB funds. To date, program has expended $180,221.80 in direct assistance to low and moderate income households and a total of $32,897.69 in program delivery and administrative costs. A total of $534,537.44 is remaining. This Program is on track to meet or exceed the goals set out in its application to provide home buyer assistance or home buyer assistance with housing rehabilitation to 25 housing units. No families have been displaced as a result of the program.
3. Written comments should be directed to Clerk of the Ulster County Legislature, County Office Building, 244 Fair Street, Box 1800, Kingston, New York, 12402 and received no later November 21, 2014.
4. Copies of Performance Reports and other supporting documentation are available for viewing at the offices of the Ulster County Planning Department, 244 Fair Street, County Office Building, Kingston, NY.
5. The Ulster County Legislature is committed to making its Public Meetings accessible to individuals with disabilities. If, due to a disability, you need an accommodation or assistance to participate in the Public Hearing or to obtain a copy of the transcript of the Public Hearing in an alternative format in accordance with the provisions of the Americans with Disabilities Act, please contact the Office of the Clerk of the Legislature at 340-3666.
Dated: April 27, 2017 Victoria A. Fabella, Clerk
Kingston, New York Ulster County Legislature