Civil Arrest

Except as provided for In the Family Court Act, a civil arrest can only occur with a warrant or other written direction from a court. The court of record has the power to punish for civil contempt; this includes: Proceedings to enforce money judgments by (CPLR 521 0) and enforcement of judgment or order in divorce, separation or annulment by DBL 245. A Warrant of Arrest may be Issued where a judgment debtor possesses or controls property and is concealing himself or about to leave the state. A warrant may also be issued where a party has disobeyed a subpoena.