- Travel within Ulster County in $1.50
- Travel outside of Ulster County is $2.00.
- Travel within the City of Kingston is $0.50 on the Red, Blue and Yellow buses only.
- Half fare is available for Seniors, ADA recipients, and Medicare card holders between the hours of 9 am & 3 pm.
- Veterans ride for free with valid ID.
- Active military ride for free with valid ID.
- SUNY Ulster students ride all in-county buses for free with valid ID. Travel outside Ulster County is $1.00
- SUNY New Paltz students ride the KPL, NPL & UPL buses for free with valid ID. All other in-county buses are $0.75
- Children 46" and higher pay the full fare (all buses have marker line).
|Kingston Plaza||Hannaford Kingston Plaza|
|Highland||Along Route 9W|
|Modena||Along Route 32|
|New Paltz||Main & Prospect by Trailways|
|Pine Hill||Main Street|
|Plattekill||Route 32 by Plattekill Post Office|
|Saugerties||Market Street by Post Office|
|SUNY Ulster||Gymnasium parking lot on campus|
|Woodstock||At the Village Green|
|Wallkill||Route 208 by Popp Park|
RIDERS RULES OF CONDUCT
The following rules of conduct will be enforced to ensure that all UCAT passengers have a pleasant ride while using our services.
For your safety and good health, smoking including electronic/vapor cigarettes is prohibited on all UCAT buses. Drivers shall inform passengers in a courteous, but firm manner that it is prohibited.
Federal regulations prohibit the operation of any bus with passengers standing ahead of the white line.
Passengers are prohibited from disturbing other passengers or the driver. Drivers should courteously request that the offending action cease. Examples of such disturbances include, but are not limited to: excessive noise, throwing objects, physical violence, offensive or harassing behavior and speech, public intoxication.
Articles which because of their size or the nature of their contents may be dangerous to passengers shall not be allowed on the bus. Articles prohibited on all UCAT buses include but are not limited to:
Gasoline, kerosene or any other flammable liquid
Weapons including but not limited to guns or knives
No beverages without a secure lid. No alcoholic beverages
No animals other than service animals for the disabled except those animals that can be safely carried in a closed and secure carrier
Passengers are prohibited from soliciting the sale of goods or services on all UCAT buses.
For your safety, passengers are prohibited from throwing objects from the bus or sticking anything including body limbs out of the bus window.
Personal hygiene must be maintained in a manner that does not result in offensive odors from one’s person, clothes, accompanying animals or any other source.
Passengers are required to pay the proper fare for all UCAT transportation.
Passengers may not place advertisements on the inside or outside of the buses, nor may they remove or deface those placed on the buses by authorized representatives.
Passengers are prohibited from playing musical devices on all UCAT buses unless headsets at a reasonable level of volume are being used.
Passengers are prohibited from performing any personal hygiene task while riding the bus (i.e. clipping fingernails, toenails, putting on perfume, hairspray, etc).
Penalties for riders who violate any of the Rider Rules of Conduct:
- One (1) violation will result in verbal warning
- Two (2) violations will result in a written warning
- Three (3) violations will result in suspension of service for a minimum of 30 days
Safety / Ridership
- Please call (845) 340-3333 before boarding for fare and bus stop information.
- Buses will stop along the route. Stand in a location where the bus can stop safely.
- Hail the bus with a clear hand signal.
- Have exact fare upon boarding.
- Fares are deposited in the fare box.
- Take a seat if one is available.
- Standees must remain behind the white line.
- Aisle must be kept clear of all loose objects at all times.
- Please refrain from talking to the driver except to remind to stop.
- All buses are equipped with bike racks, passenger is responsible for securing bike on rack.
- Gas powered bicycles are not permitted inside the bus or on the bike racks.
- All wheelchairs must be secured per the manufacturer's securement recommendations.
UCAT is closed on the following holidays:
- New Year's Day
- Martin Luther King Jr. Day
- Presidents' Day
- Memorial Day
- Independence Day
- Labor Day
- Columbus Day
- Thanksgiving Day (On Friday following Thanksgiving, Saturday schedule is in effect.)
- Christmas Day
- Early Closing on Christmas Eve day and New Years Eve day (check social media for times)
Other Things to Remember
- Weather and/or traffic conditions may affect the scheduled times.
- Notice will be given to local radio stations for weather delays. Updates will also be on social media pages and bus app
- Schedule is subject to change.
|New Paltz & Kingston & Pine Hill||Trailways(800) 858-8555|
|Newburgh, Beacon||Leprechaun(845) 565-7900|
|Saugerties & Kingston||Laidlaw (845) 338-5809|
|Dutchess County||Dutchess Loop (845) 485-4690|