After carefully monitoring the ongoing COVID-19 (coronavirus) pandemic in Ulster County and the greater Hudson Valley/Catskills region and current status of COVID-19 in Ulster County, UCAT will increase its fixed route service for the month of August. The changes are as follows:
- Service will be available on Monday through Friday. No weekend service during the month of August. Schedules are available here.
- Effective Monday, August 3, 2020, routes will be as follows:
- Fare-free service within the City of Kingston on the Red, Blue and Yellow Routes (on revised routes that were intended to originally go into effect on April 1, 2020) is available between 8 a.m. and 6 p.m.
- LINK service to Poughkeepsie on the KPL and UPL Routes is available between 8 a.m. and 6:45 p.m.
- KS Route between Saugerties and Kingston is available between 8:00 a.m. and 6:00 p.m., with transfers available to the MALL LOOP Service that will provide access to the Ulster Avenue Mall area shopping complexes
- New Paltz LOOP Service between 8:45 a.m. and 6:00 p.m.
- E Route service between Kingston and Ellenville available between 7:50 a.m. and 6:10 p.m.
- W Route service between 6:00 a.m. and 3:05 p.m.
- X Route service between Kingston and Newburgh between 6:30 a.m. and 6:20 p.m.
- Z Route service between Kingston and Pine Hill available between 7:50 a.m. and 6:10 p.m.
UCAT buses will have an additional staff aboard some buses to ensure riders are complying with social distancing guidance and mask usage. New procedures used by UCAT are as follows:
- Masks will be required to ride the bus and will be available to riders if they do not have one.
- Social distancing will be required by requesting passengers are seated in every other row, when possible.
- Full cleaning of the buses are done on a daily basis by a cleaning company using CDC-approved cleaning products.
- Drivers also complete additional cleaning of the buses throughout the day.
Phone: (845) 340-3333 or Toll Free: 1-888-827-8228
Dispatch: (845) 334-8458
Scheduling: (845) 334-8120
ADA Paratransit: (845) 334-8135
Fax: (845) 340-3336