Ellenville, NY – Ulster County Executive Mike Hein announced today that the Main Street Façade Grant Program, which is an integral part of his Ellenville Million initiative, is now accepting applications.
“We have seen throughout our country that renovated Main Streets attract tourists and help spur economic development,” said Ulster County Executive Hein. “For these reasons, the Ellenville Million Program included a Main Street Façade Revitalization Grant Program that can help Ellenville’s building owners to maintain attractive and code compliant buildings. The rules and application for this program are available on the County’s website.”
Mayor Jeff Kaplan, Village of Ellenville
“In the Village of Ellenville’s ongoing efforts to revitalize our downtown business community, we are excited to announce an initiative established by County Executive Hein that provides assistance to downtown business owners for renovating their building exteriors,” said Mayor Kaplan. “We encourage all business owners in the downtown district to consider projects that will qualify for these funds.”
Applications must be received by the Village of Ellenville Clerk by the last day of March, 2016 and all façade improvements approved by the Village of Ellenville must be completed within 4 months of final approval. The maximum award amount is $10,000. To qualify for the Main Street Façade Program applications must meet the following eligibility criteria:
- Existing commercial buildings located in the business district of Ellenville that comprises the 14 blocks located:
- East/West between Childs Street and Water Street
- North/South between Warren Street and Spring Street
- Façade improvements must meet the requirements of Chapter 228-6 of Zoning and Design Standards, Facades and Fenestration of the Village of Ellenville. See: http://ecode360.com/13591169
- A cash match equal to 50% percent of the award is required.
- Applicants must demonstrate financial capacity to meet the program match-funding requirements, and must be current on all property taxes, mortgages and insurance.
To download the application and rules, please visit:
Applications can be sent to the attention of Noreen Dechon, Village Clerk, at 2 Elting Court, Ellenville, NY 12428. If you have questions about the application process, please call Joe Stoeckeler, Village Manager, at 845-647-7080 x303.
The Ellenville Million includes funds that can be used in the following 9 program areas:
1. Defray the costs of the needed water and sewer infrastructure improvements that will allow new and existing business to access needed water and sewer;
2. Establish an Economic Development Fund for developers and new business enterprises within the Village and Town to apply for assistance in defraying engineering costs and other necessary costs associated with potential new development;
3. Tourism promotion;
4. Expansion of outdoor recreational opportunities such as rail trails, town and village parks including pavilions, expanded parking, trail connections, and bathrooms;
5. Assistance to Shadowland Theatre for its planned renovations and to be used to leverage other available grants;
6. Use by the Hunt Memorial Preservation Committee to assist in the complete restoration of the Hunt Memorial Building and the establishment of a tourism center;
7. Main Street improvements and beautification projects in the downtown historic district to emphasize assets and complement the surrounding natural beauty and vistas;
8. Project management including allocations oversight; grant writing, liaison for public relations and marketing efforts and festivals/events; and
9. Provision of high speed internet such as high speed fiber within the US Rt. 209 corridor, critical public entities and businesses, schools, hospital, library, and other relevant sites.