A primary function of Ulster County Geographic Information Systems (Ulster County GIS) is to maintain geographic datasets for Ulster County. This data is used to assist departments in complex analysis and decision making, as well as automating and streamlining operations.
Ulster County GIS also focuses on the production of meaningful end-products, which may include printed maps and displays, interactive web maps or reports derived from complex geospatial data analysis.
Other Services include:
- Coordinating the development of GIS databases and multiple users.
- Educating public and private agencies about GIS technology.
- Seeding public agencies with GIS technology and expertise.
- Creating and maintaining GIS data standards.
- Developing applications which meet the needs of the county and community.
- Providing high-level GIS consulting services
For County Departments and local municipalities, Ulster County GIS also provides programs and assistance to users who wish to access data directly, including training in the use of GIS software, hardware, and related concepts.
For additional information please contact us at gis[at]co.ulster.ny[dot]us or by phone at 845-334-5300.