The BYO Bag Act results in the ban of single use plastic bag distribution at most retail locations. The Act encourages consumers to use reusable bags when buying food or merchandise. This law went into effect on July 15, 2019 and covers all of Ulster County.
Please select the respective link below for answers to frequently asked questions:
Please contact BYOBagAct[at]co.ulster.ny[dot]us with comments or questions.
BYOBag Act Resources
Social media information card (4 per page): Social media information
The Local Laws are available for reference here:
Resources for Retailers
- Ulster County / Ulster County Kicks Off the Bring Your Own Bag Act
- Daily Freeman / Ulster County ban on single-use plastic retail bags takes effect Monday
- Mid Hudson News / Ulster County's single-use plastic bag ban begins Monday
- Daily Freeman / Ulster County lifts paper bag fee for poor
- Photos: 1 / 2
- Radio: PSA (produced by Radio Kingston)