Download the Application for Examination or Employment:
Instructions For Completing the Online Application
for Examination or Employment
This is an online application. Please fill it out an print it on your computer's printer. It must be mailed or hand delivered to the Ulster County Personnel Department at the address listed below. We are unable to accept emailed applications at this time.
Guidelines for Completing Applications for Examination
- Complete a separate application for each examination title or examination series for which you are applying.
- To save time, complete one application in its entirety, leaving the title line and the signature line blank. Make as many photo copies of the application as you need, and then complete the title line and sign each application. THERE MUST BE AN ORIGINAL SIGNATURE AND CURRENT DATE on each application.
- A non-refundable filing fee of $20.00 for all examinations other than Uniformed Protective Service Titles (check or money order only, made payable to County of Ulster) must be included for each scheduled examination. A non-refundable filing fee of $40.00 for Uniformed Protective Service Titles (such as Police Officer, Correction Officer, etc.) must be included for each scheduled examination. Please include examination number and title on each check or money order. DO NOT SEND CASH. No refunds will be issued, therefore, review the minimum qualifications indicated on the examination announcement very carefully.
- EXCEPTION TO FEE REQUIREMENT: An exception to the processing fee will be made for persons receiving Supplemental Social Security payments or public assistance (Safety Net Assistance or Temporary Assistance to Needy Families), provided Foster Care or certified Workforce Investment Act of 1998 eligible through a state or local social service agency, and for those who are currently unemployed. Individuals wishing to claim this waiver of fee on the basis of Supplemental Social Security, Safety Net Assistance or Temporary Assistance to Needy Families, must certify on their application, under Remarks, that they are receiving public assistance and must indicate the type of assistance they are receiving, the agency providing the assistance and their case numbers. Persons claiming this waiver through Foster Case or Workforce Investment Act of 1998 Certification must specify the program and name of their contact agency. Persons claiming this waiver, who are currently unemployed must certify on their application, under Remarks, that they are currently unemployed and must provide documentation that they are receiving unemployment benefits or other unemployment documentation deemed appropriate by the Ulster County Personnel Officer. Such claims are subject to later verification and, if not supported by appropriate documentation, are grounds for barring appointment.
- Mail or bring applications to:
Ulster County Personnel Department
244 Fair Street, Box 1800
Kingston, NY 12402-1800
Guidelines for Completing Applications for Employment Opportunities
Applicants interested in applying for a current employment opportunity/vacancy must complete an Ulster County Employment/Examination Application. The completed application should be mailed directly to the department where the vacancy exists. The Ulster County Personnel Department will not accept applications for these vacancies at this time.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, gender, creed, national origin, physical or mental disability, marital status, veteran status, disabled veteran status, or status as a member of any other protected group or activity.