Final Record for Ulster County Legislature Public Hearing Pursuant to Eminent Doman Procedure Law for PIN 8758.04 - Kingston Rail Trail 12/11/18:
- Exhibit 1: Notice of Public Hearing Pursuant to the Eminent Doman Procedure Law - Affidavits of Publication
- Exhibit 2: Certified Mail Notices to Assessment Record Billing Owner: Central Hudson Gas & Electric Corporation
- Exhibit 3: Certified Mail Notices to Assessment Record Billing Owner: Adirondack Transit Lines, Inc.
- Exhibit 4: Certified Mail Notices to Assessment Record Billing Owner: Ulster Savings Bank
- Exhibit 5: Affidavit of Mailing
- Exhibit 6: Kingston Rail Trail, PIN 8758.04 Final Design Report
- Exhibit 7: Kingston Rail Trail, PIN 8758.04 Advance Detail (75%) Plans December 2018
- Exhibit 8: Transcript of Ulster County Legislature Public Hearing Pursuant to Eminent Domain Procedure Law December 11th, 2018 (Including Oral and Written Comments and Submitted Documentation.
- December 8, 2015 - Kingston Rail Trail Public Information Meeting Presentation (PDF)
The Ulster County Department of Planning is finalizing construction plans and acquiring permanent easements needed for the Kingston Rail Trail (“KRT”) Project, a federally-funded transportation project to construct a non-motorized, shared-use path between the City of Kingston and the existing O&W Rail Trail in Hurley (also known as the Hurley Rail Trail or D&H Canal Heritage Corridor).
The approximately 1.8-mile, paved trail will be located in the Town of Hurley, Town of Ulster, and the City of Kingston and will link the City of Kingston to the O&W Rail Trail, which currently extends approximately fourteen miles from the Town of Hurley southwest through the Town of Marbletown and into the Town of Rochester.
|Engineering consultants conduct a site visit with U.C. Planning staff and Community Advisory Committee in May 2015|
The KRT has received design approval from the New York State Department of Transportation and is preparing final plans to go to bid. Concurrently, the County is also working to acquire three permanent easements needed for the project. Construction is scheduled to start in mid-2019 with completion by the end of 2019.
For additional information on the project, please contact Chris White, Deputy Director of Planning at (845) 340-3338.