FAQ: All

Q: How do I merge the adjoining parcels that I own into one parcel?

A: If the existing parcels were created through Planning Board subdivision approval(s), the merge must be approved by the Planning Board.  Otherwise, a Request for Combination of Tax Map Parcels form is submitted to the municipal Assessor.  After the Assessor determines what conditions may apply and provides written approval of the request, a Tax Mapper will merge the parcels.

Q: How do I file a subdivision or lot line revision map?

A: A Subdivision Map Certificate is required from Real Property prior to filing the map with the County Clerk: Subdivision Map Certification Form. The Fee Schedule for the certificate is available at: Fee Schedule The Ulster County Clerk’s website has instructions for recording land records.

Q: How do I subdivide my parcel?

A: After municipal Planning Board approval is obtained and a subdivision map is filed in the Ulster County Clerk's Office, Real Property Tax Mappers will split out the new parcels and notify the Assessor.

Q: How do I obtain a copy of the tax map showing my parcel?

A: Real Property staff can provide you with a full scale copy of the tax map section sheet or an 8½" x 11" portion of the tax map showing your property. See the Real Property Fee Schedule at: (link to follow)

Q: How can I schedule a Public Health Education presentation at my event?

A: The Health Department receives numerous requests for presentations.  They are prioritized in terms of reaching the maximum number of residents within diverse geographical areas of the County and according to the level of expertise of the subject matter requested. In order to understand your needs more fully, complete the Health Education Outreach Request Form either online and email it back or print and mail back to the address on the form.

Q: What is the Public Health Preparedness Program?

A: This program aims to get professionals and the public ready in case of an emergency.  It provides preparation, response and recovery activities in order to build community resilience.

Q: If my water is provided by a community drinking water system, how do I find out about my drinking water quality?

A: Contact your water supplier or the Health Department. The water supplier is required to sample the drinking water routinely and submit copies of all water samples to the Health Department.  Annual Water Quality Reports are distributed by all community water systems to their users. 

Q: Which drinking water supplies are regulated by the Health Department?

A: The Health Department regulates drinking water supplies that serve 25 or more persons per day, all bottled and bulk drinking water distributors and all Health Department-permitted operations that have their own drinking water supply.

Q: How do I get my drinking water tested?

A: Water quality can potentially be compromised by the presence of certain bacteria and/or chemical compounds. Laboratories conduct different tests for different categories of contaminants.  Testing should be performed by a New York State Department of Health approved laboratory. The list can be found at: http://www.wadsworth.org/labcert/elap/comm.html To have microbiological testing by the Ulster County Health Department call 340-3010 or contact one of the labs on the New York State Department of Health list.

Q: What should I do about a sick-looking, possibly rabid animal on my property?

A: Call the Health Department immediately.  During business hours call (845) 340-3010 and after hours call (845) 334-2145.  Avoid contact with the animal and keep any domestic pets away from the animal.