Linking Volunteers to Opportunities that are Interesting and Engaging
Volunteering is good for the community and good for you! The volunteers report that they feel enlivened and energized by the volunteer work they are doing.
As a volunteer you may enjoy:
- Driving seniors from their home to medical appointments
- Helping in a gift shop or visitor center
- Leading an exercise class
- Becoming a Medicare Counselor and assisting people with coordinating their insurance
- Engaging with children as a tutor or Foster Grandparent
- Helping in a local library or hospital
- Ombudsman Senior Advocate
- Creating your own volunteer experience with our resources!
Some of the Organizations we work with:
- Golden Hill Nursing & Rehab Center
- American Cancer Society
- People’s Place
- Ulster County Tourism
- Hudson Valley Hospice
- Hudson River Maritime Museum
- Ellenville Hospital
- Cornell Cooperative Extension
- Esopus Library
- Health Alliance Hospitals
- Rondout Valley Food Pantry
...and many more!!
For more information, please contact the Ulster County Office for the Aging Volunteer Program at 845-443-8836. For the Neighbor to Neighbor program, helping seniors get to medical appointments, please call 845-443-8837.